Monday, April 14, 2008

Update on my Papa

I just wanted to update a bit on my Papa.  It is stage 4 throat cancer, and though we thought that the cancer was spreading, but it has only spread to his throat and neck and it contained in that area, which is super good news! He still has more Doctor visits this week, like having a tube inserted into his stomach and learning to use it and clean it.  They have a day off today and then the rest of the week is all appointments and running around getting ready for treatment next week.  It sounds like after Tuesday of next week sometime will be when they start the treatment.  I know He is not excited about this whole stomach tube situation, it's a little scary and strange for him.  Please continue to keep them in your prayers, they still have a lot ahead of them.  The cards and prayers and encouragement and calls are all so appreciated!  Next week will begin when I will probably be spending more time over there, just to help and make sure my grandma has company....then soon after that My cousin Ona will be getting married!  Now is just a very busy crazy time for our family!  It is just amazing what life will throw at you and how much at a time it piles on!    Well that is about all I know at this time, please continue to pray for my Family, as well all deal with this in different ways... and for my Papa's nerves... I know he is a bit nervous, though he has said they both really like all the Doctors and nurses that they have met which makes a huge difference!!!  I will try to keep an update posted as often as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I know how difficult it is to watch a loved one go through something very hard for them. My thoughts and prayers are with your family, and if you ever want to talk, you know where to find me.
-Rhiannon