Wednesday, April 02, 2008

BABY IT'S COLD INSIDE!





About a month ago now, our old furnace died.  I was hoping that spring would come and that we wouldn't suffer for long, but for some reason this year it decided to snow in March this year...lol, kinda cool since I love snow, but it is harder to enjoy it when you are freezing!!!!!!!  We have a few space heaters and our bedrooms have wall heaters, but our bathroom heater just died....so I have had the oven kept open to heat up the cold kitchen.  It really is cold, we live in a 1940's home that never had insulation put into it.  It gets really cold in the winter and realllllly hot in the summer.  Our poor dog Satchel...it was so cold yesterday, that when i got out of the shower, I went into my room to find him snuggled under the blankets in my room. Lol, normally I wouldn't allow that unless I told him ok first, but I feel so bad.  We have comforters in every room, lol, and are drinking lots of cocoa and tea. Ha ha, we have just been having a hard time deciding what would be best, furnace replacement or a fireplace.  Whatever we do we will have to pay someone to do it, and as well we want it to help sell the house in a few years or so when we look into a bigger home, and children are on the horizon.  I really dont want to have kids while at this house, it is so crowded, and not the best area, but we could live here with a baby for a year or two if it was God's timing.  Anyways, just sharing more of what we are up to, trying to stay warm and entertaining ourselves in the meantime.  We may have found someone that Caleb knows from work to help frame in a fireplace for us, and we plan to buy the fireplace from his friend Ben, who installs them as well as garage doors ( if anyone needs one let me know, I know a guy!!!!).  So more projects in the house are on the close horizon for us.  I hope that things go smoothly and quickly and that things heat up oh so soon!!!  Please also continue to keep my family in your prayers.  We are all so emotional and just clinging to prayer and eachother and encouragement.  In the meantime I know that God is working in our family to bring healing and bring us closer together, something that God promised to me years ago!  Thank you friends for your love!

No comments: