Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Holes in the walls....literally, and lots of waiting!!! I hate waiting!

Ben made my livingroom a mess!!!!  Messy boys, the punched holes in my wall! yikes!
Samalama!  Upside down Baby,  Daisy and Sam  came in for a bit to keep me company while the boys made messes!  I suppose they were necessary messes...at least that is what they told me!
Yummy waters!  Hmm, Sam is not so sure  about this water business mama....
Such a good boy, always happy, or hungry...or sleeping....those are the things he does real well!
Boys being messy, ok and doing a little work!  Thanks Ben!
More working men! The fireplace is so pretty and it's working well too!  Thanks again Ben!
Bestest on the internet with the cute boy beside her.  Just chillin for a bit...till the boys made things dusty and messy!
Look Satch it's Grandma...dont laugh he knows Grandma....if you say, "Where's Grandma Satch", he will run around and look for her!  He loves his grandma...cuz she spoils him rotten!
Yeah he killed this new toy in like 10 minutes... it was a nice thought though!  He loves to kill his stuffed animals and then eat the stuffing... nice huh!!!!  He really is a sweet dog, ha ha... now you are thinking yeah right sure Sarah!
The hole punching begins!  I was so scared!!!  It makes me so nervous!  i had to not look!

So more house projects.  The guy came in and put the base for the new gas fireplace, which is currently in thanks to Ben King!!!!  Ben came in and hooked up the fireplace as well as the gas line, so we have heat! YEAH!!!  But the guy was supposed to come last week, and then yesterday and now today to finish framing in, putting in the mantle as well as the book shelves.  I am waiting....no guy!  I sure hope he comes today.  I really dont like when someone says they will do something and then they are late and dont call.... or they keep putting it off.... especially when $$$ is involved it makes me nervous.  In the mean time i sit at home and wait, wondering if I should work out or shower... or wait.  I am jsut really eager to get this project done, have it look beautiful and functional!!!!!  I hate the process of house projects.  I dont like the dissaray, confusion, mess....especially the mess. I really dont like that it puts my schedule on hold either.  I feel like sitting and waiting is a waste of my time.  But I do know that this situation even is teaching me patience as well as trust, and to just wait ( dont like to wait), but waiting is important.  Isn't it silly how even house projects can teach you value and life lessons!?  (Rhetorical of course, lol!)  So I keep waiting..... waiting, not sure what to do.  I could have worked out twice and showered already, but I keep waiting in case the guy shows up while I am sweaty and working out, or heaven forbid in the shower! YIKES!!!!!  Oh well.  I just pray that more men and women in the construction field will have integrity and be honest and trustworthy.  It makes life difficult when you aren't sure if you can trust people that you are paying to fix your house!!!!  There are still more projects that we want to do, new front stairs  for our house, finishing the inside trim, a dish washer, re-wiring the whole house, not to mention the bathroom in itself is a project, the attic floors, the yard, a fenced in yard, a new shed,a cabinet for the laundry room... and some more cabinet work in the kitchen after installing a dish washer ( yes my husband and I are the cutest dish washers you may ever see).  A new roof...thankfully I know a guy for this project, a very sweet loving handsome guy who most deffinitely has integrity!!! ( my husband in case you didn't get where I was going with that one!)  These are just a few of the projects on our list of things to do!  YEAH, YIKES!!!!  So if anyone knows how to do any of these things, and wants to help in return for a trade.... of some sort, that would bless us!  In the mean time, still waiting for the guy, he said he'd be here at 10:00 and it is now 11:00 and I am not sure how to bide my time waiting........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ oh guess what an hour and 20 minutes later he is finally here and starting his work!!!  I guess he had to go to three different places to get the material.  It figures that he would get here just as I was going to start working out, ha!  Oh well such is life!  I will work out and shower later on!!!  here goes a lazy day for me!!!

No comments: