Saturday, September 17, 2005

Who the Son sets free is FREE INDEED!


Caleb and I spent this weekend with two very cool teens from our youth group, at The Set Free Conference, at the Tacoma Trinity Youth Group. It was a lot of fun, and now we are tired and hungry for sleep, looking toward a long and busy day tomorrow. It was very cool to see so many teens including ours let God take over, and get rid of some of the chains they have been holding onto, even for Caleb and I. It reminded us both that we let life distract us. We deffinitely have our work cut out for us, in this business of youth pastoring. Although we did learn that serving God is easy, life is hard, for those of you who haven't figured that out just yet...we didn't a youth pastor of 18 years imparted us with the wisdom. We are fortunate now that God has started us off with such awesome teens. They really are cool teens, crazy yes, but so far they have helped to even grow us. Not only have we been able to sew into their lives, but you all have done the same in ours. Thanks guys. Caleb and I have talked with the two girls that went with us about the different things that God was speaking to us over the weekend. As my mom would say, YOU BETTER TESTIFY!!!! Caleb and I both relaize how important it is for God to truly be number one, always...every day. Just like a marriage or best friend, you can't love someone you don't know, or truly know someone you dont set aside time for to get to know deeper....it's the same with God. Sorry folks, but God isn't someone you can just pick up like a phone book or dictionary and use when life sucks and you need a quick fix for things to go your way...nope nope. We do that sometimes, maybe not intentionally, but we do. So anyways Caleb and I are chosing to go deeper, dig for more, spend more time every day talking to God, and walking with him, heck brush our teeth with God, why not, he's always there anyways!!! Well, there it is, my mini sermon/testimony for the night! Jesus, I love you, thanks for the freedom, you so freely give, that we take for granted, thanks for you love, and for still growing Caleb and I. Prepare us for everything you have for us, to be better spouses, and better youth pastors. Thanks Jesus, for all you are and all you do!!!

1 comment:

The adventure continues... said...

I'm glad that you are allowing God to challange your life as well as the kids! And I'm glad you are set in the wonderful world of blog!