Friday, September 02, 2005

Devastation"why


Wow, it's sad, but until recently I didn't truly realize how bad things were in Louisiana. I am a really big dork, cuz I thought that 'Katrina' was a person, like a serial killer leaving all these people dead. Yeah I can be blond sometimes I know, but anyways it's a big deal, and a lot of people are hurting, and lacking. I know that a lot of people's first reactions turn to, "Why God". Which, yeah He is omnipotent and all knowing, all powerful, he is God. People forget that sin entered into this world long ago, and when that hurt our heavenly Father's heart broke, because He had better things in store for us, but man made some bad decisions. Like when a Parent tells a child specifically, "Do not do this, because it will hurt you and you will regret it," but the curious little rebellious child does it anyways. Then people ask 'why' why did this happen. The God that I know love and live for and serve is GOOD, He brings peace, healing, growth, restoration, also discipline, and truth, and all that is good. (For more info read His latest book, The Bible, a nationwide best seller). Well I just felt like a dork for not knowing what was going on, and hurting for all those people suffering. It's amazing the rippling effect such events have. I would encourage you all to be praying for the people suffering. Our church, I guess is having a citywide prayer meeting Sunday night. Prayer is Powerful. Well Blessings to everyone. have a good night and be thankful for all that you are blessed with what you have...like a bed to sleep in, water to drink, a working non leaking roof over your head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.