Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Prayers for Katrina Victims


Our church, River's Edge Assembly, helped host a town prayer meeting for the victims of Katrina. It was an awesome thing to be a part of it, and to see different church denominations work together for others. Pastor Dale and Pastor Lance as well as at least two other churches pulled together. We had an awesome time of prayer, and a friend of ours, Nate led us in worship as the whole group sang together Amazing Grace. I just lost it, and started to tear up when we sang and worshiped together. It may have been only a small group of 50 or less, but I know in God's eyes and in most of the people's eyes it was a huge thing. Abive is just one of many very touching photos I was able to get. I hope they bless you and are able to touch the hearts of many. Hey Louisiana, just know that even small towns in Orting, Washington are praying for you and doing are part to reach out to you all. Thanks to all the churches who pulled together to make this happen.
~Blessings
sarah xox

1 comment:

The adventure continues... said...

Thanks for the update. It helps us to feel somewhat connected with you all from way over hear in Michigan.