

I had a dream last night about a dear friend of mine. My buddy Sean and I met at my old youth group in Maryland. It made me think of him and all the great memories we made as kids. We met because his brother Pj wanted to set me up with this other guy in our youth group, and wouldn't leave it alone until I said yes. I was friends with PJ first, and at first just called Sean "PJ's brother", but he quickly became my friend too. Their parents were pastors at the church, so we saw eachother often. I was in seventh grade, Pj is sixth and Sean in 5th, so he was too young to go to youth group by a year, but we hung out when we could. We would sit together during church service and make jokes, about PJ's latest girlfriend, mister hottie had several, our friends, or even pastors on stage...just joking around. Sean was so fun to just be silly with. Finally I was in 8th grade and Sean moved up into youth group, it was the best. It was usually me and my best friend Sara, and "Pj & Sean", as they were pretty unseperable... and of course and antourage of other girls in the youth group, ha ha. Sean became like one of my very best friends during my time living there. He was easy to talk to, not so focused on flirting, like some boys...and like I said just fun to be silly with. When my mom and I moved back to Seattle the hardest thing was leaving behind some of my favorite people. There were a bunch, my Babe, Sara, my family, Cait, and "PJ & Sean". They weren't so good at keeping in touch as I would have liked, I would usually ask for PJ, chat for a bit and then he would hand the phone to Sean. Two, very handsome, sweet boys who had an awesome family to back them up. The last time I saw Sean was when I went to visit as a surprise in November of 2001 after I had graduated. April 4th of 2004 Sean was killed in a car accident. He was driving too fast, and talking on his cell and lost control of his car. My friend Sara called to tell me the news, at first I wasn't sure what she was talking about, she couldn't have meant our Sean...so who else. Immediately I made plans to fly out there for the memorial. It was a fog, as I can't even imagine for his family, for me. It didn't seem real, sometimes it still doesn't. Anyone who knew him will tell you he was like sunshine, he made you laugh, just seeing his big cheesy grin made you smile!!! He was talented in to many areas, drawing, singing, sports. He is one of my favorite people, and if you knew him, he would have been one of yours as well.
In my dream, we were young again, as soon as he saw me he gave me a huge hug. Then there we were just being silly, and goofing off. He was chewing gum, like him and PJ always did...they always had gum, but never any to share. I even bought him a huge tub of Costco sized gum for his birthday once. I woke up like at peace, being around him just makes you happy, but it was different, like he was telling me he's having a blast up in heaven. I just know he's up there making jokes, surfing on the clouds and chewing gum.
Why loved ones are sometimes taken from us so quickly, is one off those mysteries of life and God, but there is hope in God, and He tells us to keep going. I think that Sean wants us to know that too. I had a blast hanging out with you in my dream Sean, it put a smile on my face when I woke up this morning. But I miss you, and always will, until whenever Jesus calls me home. So keep a seat warm for me until then.
To check out more about my friend Sean, go to www.teendrivingfoundation.org . His family has created a driving foundation in his name to prevent this from happening to other families. Do your loved ones a favor, save the crazy driving for the video games, and take responsibility and be safe. I know also that his family is hurting, so if you think about it, say a prayer for them. They were the family who were always there for everyone else. Thanks for letting me share my heart this morning, and a little bit about my friend. Be blessed today.
I love you Seany!
1 comment:
Oh, Babe. Sean was such a wonderful person. I miss him so. I wish I had had the chance to see him more before he was taken from us. What a crazy dream...ya knwo he is so very happy up in heaven with Jesus, just singing away and such. Wow, what an awesome person. Keep remembering him and reminding me of what a wonderful friend we had.
I love you, Babe and I'll call you soon, I promise. Very cute picture on here, by the way. :-)
Post a Comment