Monday, January 02, 2006

Our Holidays...




It's been a while since I last blogged, it's just been a very busy holiday season. We have had a lot of fun, and were able to spend time with lots of family. Christmas this year still just didn't seem like Christmas..it was weird, I mean it was fun, but just weird, and then it was over really quickly. I guess when you get older life works like that. Well our Christmas actually started early this year. We have a new tradition where the Eve eve of Christmas we stay at my moms and wake up Christmas Eve morning and have our own little Christmas. So the eve eve of Christmas my mom and I slaaved away making homemade egg rolls, fried rice, tempura and potstickers!!! Very Tastey! Lots of people were supposed to come, but they all cancelled except for our good friend moonriver/aka Sandy! We had a blast though and made some tastey veggie egg rolls! We had a white elephant gift exchange between the four of us, and I ended up with Humbug the pooping Christmas sheep, which I named Princess Josh...ha ha. No relation! It was fun. We opened our gifts together, and then got ready for the day slowly. It was a pretty relaxing day, after making a few exchanges at old navy we vegged on the couch and watch some Chritmas TV movies, and I napped while Caleb watched the Seahawks win. They are actually a team worth watching now...after so many years of stinking!!! our good Friend Charles actually go to go to the game, so we were extra glad they won, cuz it always makes for a better game!!! Fun fun!




Later that night, since we were aleady in the area we picked up Caleb's older brother Josh at the airport. On our way home he took us to dinner at Tony Romas, before going back to our house, so his parents could meet us there and take him with them!

So then Christmas morning, which came way too fast, we spent with turned off phones, just enjoying eachother. We took our time opening stockings and then had our coffee and opened our presents. My hubby spoiled me, which he usually does, and I got some fun movies, and cd's and clothes and best of all some filters for my camera. I am going to have to start playing with them and using them at photo shoots!!! Thanks hunny. I got him some fun things too...although i am pretty sure that his favorite thing is his new Madden 2006 Football xbox game....that he plays everyday, not joking!!!!

So after our fun morning together, we mozied on over to Lanaya's to open up gifts from the people we drew names from. I have a few photos on our flickr of that! From there onto Aunt Pollys for the evening for dinner. Usually we go to a movie on Christmas but we were both so tired, we postponed it a bit! We did end up seeing Cheaper by the Dozen 2, which we both really liked it was fun! Josh was supposed to join us, but oh well!!! We ended up getting a fun date out of it! The rest of that week was a little crazy, but there was a lot of fun things that came out of it! i got to be at thr hospital when Caleb's cousin Andrea and Joel had their 4th baby girl, Torrin Claire! I opted on being in the delivery room, not quite ready for that ! Then a fun filled busy week to take us to Grandma's on New Years Eve, to play games and stay up rediculously late! We had our friend, and a teen from the youth group Rachel join us. It was crazy fun! So in a very shortened version that is what we have been up to! No back to work for Caleb, and putting away all the decorations and any sign of Christmas, so until next year!!!! Hope you all had a lot of fun!!!! Enjoy looking at our photos, I updated a ton of them into our flickr account which as usual is the the right, just click on it and view all our photos, one by one, or as a slideshow! Thanks for keeping in touch with whats going on with us!

~Love you all
Sarah & Caleb

1 comment:

caleb and sarah turner said...

It was chaos. Fun, but glad to move on with the year ya know? How is our favorite Embly? When do we get to hang out next?????