














It has been a long standing tradition with my mother and I to in the true Irish fashion celebrate St. Patricks' Day. We embrace our Irish heritage, and I am most definitely a true red headed sassy tempered Irish girl... much to my husbands dismay, lol. When I was a little girl my mom and grandma used to help me build leprechaun traps. I would check my traps everyday, and then finally on St Patty's Day I was the lucky girl who caught a leprechaun and of course some chocolate gold coins...since a pot of Gold would not quite fit. As years have gone on we have continued to celebrate this holiday with fun Irish foods...or mainly lots of carbs lol!!! MY FAVORITE! We share the guest list and the menu and Enjoy, soda bread, colconaun, fried cabbage, fried fadge potato cakes, corned beef, and homemade jellies and jams, green beverages and some irish coffees, and dont forget dessert. One year we did a lamb stew, very tasty. As well as lots of green decor and wear!!!! The food is the best, but you cook all day eat and then you are ready for bed!!! LOL. Thanks to all those who have celebrated this special holiday with us! It is my favorite tradition, though not the easiest to celebrate! As you can see there are lots of silly photos, i have more, but there just isn't room for them all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment