Thursday, March 02, 2006

This Cross I Wear...


I have a neat story about the new jewelry I happen to be wearing, and I decided to share it with ya'll. So last weekend Caleb and I took the two teens from our youth group to Aquire the Fire, that signed up. I just started my job, and didn't have a scheduel yet, so I was planning on being able to be there. Unfortunately my scheduel conflicted and I ended up having to miss most of Aquire the Fire. I was really bummbed, and my long training day at work didn't help me any. So Saturday night I met up with them at the mall where almost everyone from Aquire the Fire met for the hour dinner we were given. Mandy, or Mandy Moore as I like to call her, asked me how my day was, after I had asked her how she was enjoying her weekend. I just said blah, and that I was sure I hadn't had as much fun as she had. I was also dissapointed that I had missed Hearing Judah Smith Speak, as well as the Pillar concert. So sad! Latter on when we returned to the Tacoma Dome Mandy screams," Hey cool, I found money!" So I am thinking that she found like a quarter or something like that, I look over and she says that she found 10$! No way! I thought that was totally a blessing, since she hadn't brought any money for herself to buy


anything! FUN! Anyways, later on Mandy comes up to me and brings me this cross neckelace and gives it to me. She bought me a pink one since pink is my favorite color, and says that since I didn't get to have a fun day with them, she wanted to cheer me up. What a cool teenager! She spent her only moolah on me to cheer me up! She didn't have to do that. She could have totally spent on herself, and she bought me something. So for those of you who just think teenagers are a pain in the but, you might wanna change your attitude. Teenagers, yeah they are crazy, wild, sometimes hyped up on sugar, but they are also some of the coolest people in the world, the most talented, the most eager to let go and be themselves, to be silly, to jump up and worship God. Just love on your teens! Mandy moore, I love you girl! You have an amazing heart, and I see that it is already so sensitive to God, keep it up girly! You rock! And thanks for my cross, I seriously love it! Keep going in the direction you are going girl, God has amazing things in store for you!

No comments: