Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Conference this weekend

Well I haven't written much lately, mostly because my new job has taken up more time than I ever could have expected...add onto that all the other daily life stuff that goes on, and I just haven't had anytime! Sorry about that all of you who are so sweetly consitent in checking into our lives. We are still here!!!! I Promise! So anyways, my job is going ok. I don't really like what I do at all, but most of the people are nice. No I don't get a discount....I know rediculous! You would think so, but NO! The only recent photos I have had time to take, of course, are of my silly cat. Ha ha, I know how truly you all looooooove seeing tons of photos of our fat lazy crazy cat! She now owns the whole house, I am convinced that she is convinced of this! She sits on the sink in the bathroom, on the kitchen table, jumps on the kitchen counter...on our coffee bar! Ha ha, she sits in our tub, on the toilet even with the lid down! GEEZE! Can't think of one place she doesn't think she can sit!
Anyways, so I entitled this little blurb about the City Church Generation Conference that we are going to this weekend. I wrote a little about it on our youth group blog as well if you wish to check that out too!!!! Caleb and I ventured over to this paprticular Conference last year, and it was amazing. We came back all pumped up full with ideas and new passion for Christ and the teenagers that God has entrusted us with. We weren't able to bring any teens with us last year, due to how last minute we were informed about it. This year though we are blessed to take 11 teens with us, including our Parents who are joinging us, thanks for that!!!!!!
So it will be an adventure. We had 10 teenagers venture with us to Creation last summer, so this will be the largest group we have handeled yet, plus the least amount of adults!!! AHHH!!!!! But Caleb and I are stoked, and I am sure most of the teens are as well. Sometimes this ministry that we are in can be drainind, time consuming, tiring, and dissapointing....but, the big BUTT, when we see them worshiping Christ, when we see them allowing God to change their hearts, and when we see them being excited about what Jesus is doing in their lives and others, it reminds us why we do what we do. Events like this, just seem like a necessary refreshing, not only for the teens, but for us! Sure we enjoy being crazy dorks, and having wild fun with the best of them....but none of that is worth it if we aren't pointing these teenagers to Christ. That is our goal! Our only Goal! So needless to say we are stoked, and of course this week I get sick! AHH!!!! So I have a few prayer requests for all of you favorite family and friends: 1. For Christ to Restore my health and strength in my body 2. For safety in traveling 3. For God to already begin to work in our hearts, minds lives 4. For us to carry back with us the passion and excitement that we recieve at the conference.
One major problem with these type of events is that you get excited and then come home and say, "Ok, now what!?" You become passionate and excited and recieve more of Christ, and then get used to the daily rutine, and then you loose it! The goal is to spread the passion, excitement and to everyday recieve what God has for you! It's possible, I know it is!
Ok, so I have talked on and on, so I will stop here, but please always remember to pray for us. I will be back next week with photos and lots of fun exciting info about what how God moved in the hearts of our teens! Thanks for checking in on us!
~We love you all
oh, and congratulations to Chris and Jenni who had their 3rd baby, and a girl finally!!!!!!!!
Blessings and Love
Caleb & Sarah

1 comment:

The adventure continues... said...

In the midst of moving I've misplaced your address both e-mail and snail mail. Could you please e-mail me both? Thanks