Thursday, September 14, 2006

SWITCHFOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still a little in la la land right now, last night was completely a surreal day for me and Mack. Mack and I really love Switchfoot, and we really wanted to go to their concert, but it was 30.00$ for the cheapest tickets, and Caleb and I don't have any extra spending money right now...and neither did mack. So we took her mom's free fair tickets, parked at a friends to save on parking and went early to the fair in hopes of winning a contest, that consisted of decorating flip flops. I truly believe that my idea was just God inspired. We went to the Spirit 105.3 booth early and submitted the flip flops I painted and they loved them, but we had to come back at 5 for the results. There would only be three winners, each got backstage passes to the Beach Party backstage, and a chance to meet Switchfoot. We were hoping for more though since we didn't even have tickets. We were so impatient that we kinda camped out at the 1053 booth. But at last the time came, and we didn't win 3rd prize or 2nd prize....WE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOO! IT WAS AMAZING YOU GUYS. WE WON 2ND ROW SEAT TICKETS...THEY TOOK CARE OF IT ALL, BACKSTAGE PASSES AND A SIGNED SURF BOARD! We totally couldn't believe it. It was seriously a God thing, God just totally blessed us and I am more than greatful for the unforgettable night we had. Mostly I am just blessed that Mack got to be a part of it all, because she is the whole reason that we went in the first place. I basically would not have known about the contest or even tried to make it there. I would have sat at home and just been sad I had no money to go! Anyways needless to say, it was amazing! I thank God for all of it, and my Mack! Photos to come!!!
To Die to oneself is to Live in Christ!

No comments: