Friday, November 14, 2008

Just say no to Macco

So this week was an adventure with car trouble.  I have been job hunting for a while, but this week other than looking online I had to put it on hold do to lack of a vehicle.  See our neighbor backed into our car last August, she put a huge dent in the passanger side on the rear right near the trunk.  Apparently Macco, where we took it, did not fix it right the first time, because It's been leaking and taking in water.  We took it into Thouroghbred Collison, before to have it fixed for a previous issue, and they were great, they were nice and thorough  and they cleaned the car out before they returned it.  Neither Caleb nor I were impressed at all with Macco on 38th and Pine in Tacoma. Not only did they give the appeal of a sly used car salesman... but they hung up on Caleb on the phone and returned my car to me dirtier than it was when I brought it in, and it's still soaking wet with some signs of mold.  Not cool.  It was their fault to begin with that the seal was not fixed right, I think the least they could have done would have been to clean it out and make sure it was as dry as possible. They  claim that they fixed the leak, but we shall see first signs of rain... I hope and pray this whole leak issue is over. I do not like being without my car. CABIN FEVER!!!!!  Plus the hassel of asking everyone to help by taking me here and there.  It's just dissapointing and frustrating that after so much trouble a company wont truly take care of their mistakes.  Yes the did fix it and return it and we did not  have to pay for anything... as it should be, but the service behind it all was poor.  Customer service just is not what it used to be anymore.  I cherish the companies, like Starbucks and few others that still cling to making their customer feel important and valued.  Companies that make you want to give them repeated business because they do what they can to impress you and treat you as the valued customer and not just a sucker or money!  I'm willing to stand by companies that take the time to do that, and like wise help others from the trouble of suffering through poor service of a icky car salesman.  So that is my little blurp for now on that.  I spent the afternoon after a job interview,  cleaning out my stinky dirty car, the best i could.  I hope it helped.  We shall see in time.  I am so greatful to have it back  for sure!!!!! Happy Friday all!!!

2 comments:

The Eyes said...

know what you mean about the cabin fever thing! and the trumpet of the swans ducks are real and famous here, Matt's parents were visiting last month and that was the first place we wanted to go! It's next door to our church actually. I'll get some pics eventually!

The Eyes said...

oh, but the swan boat are gone for the winter, they'll be back in spring.