
So, today was the funeral for Brian and his father. It was a long emotional afternoon, but I have to say I got to hear some fun stories about both of them. Brian really was so much like his father, goofy and a jokester, a family man... so many other great things. It was overwhelming to see the procession of tow trucks all different companies that came out to celebrate the life of Mark Storer and over 20 years of business starting Airport and Burien Towing. It just seemed never ending. The church was packed out with friends and family. My heart really goes out to Christy, Brian's beautiful wife and those two beautiful boys that so resemble their dad. Brian was always a good friend so I can imagine that he was a great husband and father to his two little ones. Christy darling, your loss is great and my heart aches for you. I pray you find healing and peace. I know it would grieve Brian to miss seeing your smile. He really did make people laugh, with his crazy faces, or unpredictability. It was good to see old friendly faces... but I hope that next time its at a much happier occasion. This is a photo that I found that Brian sent to me after Sam was born, such a proud dad!
I was reading a devotional and it asked why do we think that God allows bad things to happen. I was talking to Caleb and I said that I really just don't know. I know that we live in a world of sin and hurt, but it just hurts so much when bad things happen to good people. This is the second friend, younger than I, that I have lost in my life time. In 2004 my friend Sean Mullsteff died in a car crash. Caleb just reminded me that,"The rain falls upon the righteous and the wicked," so I asked why it seems to fall more on the righteous, and he reminded me that it is because of the quality of people we surround ourselves with. That made me smile a bit just thinking about and knowing that God has really blessed me in my 25 years with knowing some very amazing people, family and friends. Brian was definitely one of them, and I hope to see his kids grow up to be so much like him! Bye Brian, thanks for being my friend!
If you feel so inclined there is a fund set up for donation for the family he left behind at any Sterling Savings Bank go to www.sterlingsavingsbank.com .
No comments:
Post a Comment